What is Server Maintenance?
Your server is the heart of your network, and its hardware and software must be custom tailored to your office computing needs. Your computer network must also be properly maintained to function properly and avoid system downtime or loss of computer data.
Server maintenance involves keeping a server software updated and running so that a computer network can operate smoothly. Regular preventive maintenance will keep the application software running as expected and will help avoid a total or partial network failure. Server maintenance tasks include reviewing the server’s performance, ensuring that automated system monitoring utilities are properly installed and configured, identifying potential security risks and backing up data at regular intervals.
A solid server maintenance plan generally requires several steps, including:
- checking server log files
- assessing hard disk space
- examining folder permissions
- monitoring network temperature applications
- ensuring adequate redundancy of systems
- examining security features
- installing security software patches
- reading server logs for security alerts or evidence of computer hacking attempts
- updating antivirus software on all computers on the network
- updating critical service packs and software updates
- performing regular comprehensive back-ups to ensure that vital data can be retrieved from storage in the event of a system failure
eNestBD will perform a complimentary technology assessment and deliver a cost-effective, rock-solid network design that is scalable for future growth. We can also provide the regular server maintenance that your computer systems require.
Let us manage your technology, so you can manage your business.
Stop Phishing Attacks
Given the prevalence and serious financial consequences of phishing attacks, you need to take action. You need to develop a sound strategy that will protect your business against this threat. In this white paper, you will learn:
• What phishing is
• How to spot phishing attacks
• What spear phishing is
• How to spot spear phishing attacks
• How a three-pronged approach can help you defend against both types of attacks
To find out how safe and secure your data and infrastructure really is, give us a call at (+880) 1912 477 441 or send an email, and we will be happ